Opt-in Authorization and Informed Consent
In our ongoing effort to promote the health and wellbeing of our clients, our DUI program offers all clients the opportunity to utilize the resources of the SUD Screener web platform.
The SUD Screener platform screens clients for substance use patterns, as well as a variety of behavioral health conditions. Behavioral health conditions include things such as anxiety, depression, PTSD and more. Substance use disorder and behavioral health conditions, if left untreated, often contribute to a variety of life and health challenges. So, identifying these conditions, and getting them addressed is essential to overall health and wellbeing.
By creating your account on the SUD Screener platform, you hereby understand and agree that you will be prompted to complete screening surveys that let us know the status of your substance use patterns and overall behavioral health. Individual surveys typically take about 5 minutes to complete. However, if you screen “at risk” for any substance or behavioral health conditions, you may be prompted to complete a more thorough screening.
You will have the option to complete screenings on your own (known as a “self-administered” screening), or with the assistance of a staff member (known as a “facilitated” screening).
Self-administered screenings may be completed using a tablet computer provided to you by our staff in our waiting room, or, alternatively, can be completed using a smart phone.
The SUD Screener platform is an extremely valuable resource that will help you improve and maintain the quality of your health and wellbeing. Accordingly, we urge all of our clients to take advantage of this very valuable service!
Please note: Your participation in this service is completely voluntary. You are not required to participate in this service as a condition of receiving services from our facility. Please inform staff if you wish to opt-out of using this service.
By creating your account on the platform, and by completing requested or prompted screenings, you hereby consent to have your screening results automatically forwarded to our response team. Our response team consists of support staff employed by, or affiliated with, our facility.
In addition, if your screening responses indicate that you are “at risk” for any behavioral health conditions, you are hereby advised and consent to the following:
- A response team member will consult with you to provide additional support, as needed.
- Contact may be initiated in person at our offices, by phone, text message, and/or via email.
- Emails, text messages, and voice messages, as applicable, generated by the platform will be sent to you from thrive@SUDScreener.com, bearing the name of our facility. These communications will contain links to the platform log-in page and/or to the screening surveys themselves, along with reminders and instructions for completing the pending surveys. To ensure your privacy relative to these communications, you are hereby advised:
- To avoid using public, or shared devices, shared email, cell phone and voice mail accounts;
- To safeguard these accounts and account passwords at all times; and
- To not leave devices unattended when logged into the platform to avoid these communications being accessed by unintended third parties
By creating my account on the platform, I hereby attest that I have thoroughly reviewed, understand, and consent to the foregoing.